ChatGPT - How Long Till They Realize I’m a Robot?

Image
I tried it first on December 2nd... ...and slowly the meaning of it started to sink in. It's January 1st and as the new year begins, my future has never felt so hazy. It helps me write code. At my new company I'm writing golang, which is new for me, and one day on a whim I think "hmmm maybe ChatGPT will give me some ideas about the library I need to use." Lo-and-behold it knew the library. It wrote example code. It explained each section in just enough detail. I'm excited....It assists my users. I got a question about Dockerfiles in my teams oncall channel. "Hmmm I don't know the answer to this either"....ChatGPT did. It knew the commands to run. It knew details of how it worked. It explained it better and faster than I could have. Now I'm nervous....It writes my code for me. Now I'm hearing how great Github Copilot is - and it's built by OpenAI too...ok I guess I should give it a shot. I install it, and within minutes it'

Energetic student seeks warm summer employer

Hello World!

So here's my very first chance to tell the world what I'm thinking.

I like pie.

To all those crazies out there who are still reading, congratulations! You've made it past that first awkward moment that everyone goes through when they meet me. Consider us bff's. So I'm really just starting this blog to let people know what's up with me in developer-wannabe-land, and yes, I'm a com-sci major, studying at University of Calgary in year #2, though it feels like it's been much longer..... ;P

I'm looking for a job this summer in Toronto, so that I can continue taking classes there (since there's none at UofC I can take in Spring OR Summer session.....grrr!) at YorkU. If anyone out there knows any job leads, I'm interested in planning, analysis, design, implementation AND testing! I've got plenty of time left in my career to narrow it down from that.

I'll be available in Toronto starting May 1, 2010 through the end of the summer, and possibly a bit of September. Daytime, weekends, full/part-time, its all good.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChatGPT - How Long Till They Realize I’m a Robot?

Architectural Characteristics - Transcending Requirements

My experience with Udacity