ChatGPT - How Long Till They Realize I’m a Robot?

Image
I tried it first on December 2nd... ...and slowly the meaning of it started to sink in. It's January 1st and as the new year begins, my future has never felt so hazy. It helps me write code. At my new company I'm writing golang, which is new for me, and one day on a whim I think "hmmm maybe ChatGPT will give me some ideas about the library I need to use." Lo-and-behold it knew the library. It wrote example code. It explained each section in just enough detail. I'm excited....It assists my users. I got a question about Dockerfiles in my teams oncall channel. "Hmmm I don't know the answer to this either"....ChatGPT did. It knew the commands to run. It knew details of how it worked. It explained it better and faster than I could have. Now I'm nervous....It writes my code for me. Now I'm hearing how great Github Copilot is - and it's built by OpenAI too...ok I guess I should give it a shot. I install it, and within minutes it'

Who I am


Okay, so it's been a while since I started this blog, and maybe it's time I told all (3...lol) of you out there who I am. The question is: what should I tell you...

Okay, so I like computers, video games and in my spare time I try to stay active e.g. going to the gym, jogging, sports, etc. ...which I don't do enough of. There's other stuff but let's start with the 1st 3.



Computers




The 'idea' that's changed life around the world more than anything else in the past century is computing. It is the current revolution, and it's more than a keyboard and screen, it's a good idea. I like good ideas.












Video Games


They let me relax, yet they're stressful. It's fun, yet it's frustrating. Whatever they are, they have an exciting future, and I also think they have great potential. Here's a Tedtalk about gaming. Although I don't think the ideas (or games) that Ms. McGonigal displays here are very far into development, and that her games don't sound like much fun and therefore don't motivate me to want to find them and play them, I do think she's right about the enormous potential of this 'second track of education' that takes place at home, where the average 21 year old in a country with a strong gamer culture has played 10,000 hours of video games already. 10,000 hours! I haven't spent half that many hours programming, yet I want to make it my career. Watch it if you got a few:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChatGPT - How Long Till They Realize I’m a Robot?

Architectural Characteristics - Transcending Requirements

The Terms that Blind Us